|Below is a recipe for boiled shrimp made right, the Louisiana way! Follow this boiled shrimp recipe and your shimp are sure to come out soft and full of flavor!
|Ingredients for Louisiana boiled shrimp recipe:
- 3 gallons of water.
- 5 pounds of shrimp with heads removed.
- 2 tablespoons of crab boil
- 1 lemon
- 2 large onions (or 3 medium onions)
- 1 head of garlic
- 12 tablespoons of salt
- 2 packs of whole mushrooms
|Instructions for Louisiana boiled shrimp recipe:
- Put water in large part and turn burner on high to begin heating.
- Add crab boil and salt
- Quarter lemon and squeeze juice into water. Once lemon is squeeze put lemon in water too.
- Quarter onions and put in water. Be sure to quarter the onions because this does a better job at pulling the flavor from the onion. If you like eating a onion with your shrimp we suggest adding a whole onion in addition to the onions already in the pot.
- Separate cloves of garlic from garlic head and chop. Put chopped garlic in water.
- Bring water to boiling and allow to boil for 5 minutes to leach flavor from the ingredients.
- Add mushrooms to boiling water.
- Allow water to boild for 5 more minutes.
- Add Shrimp.
- Allow shrimp to boil for 2 minutes only! Do not boil longer or your shrimp will be hard, and the shells will be stuck to the shrimp.
- Turn burner off and allow shrimp to marinate in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and ingredients from water and enjoy!